Terms & Conditions
We wish we didn't need all this...but well that's the way it is with life!! We will do anything to help our users be successful, but we need you all to follow the guidelines so everyone wins.
1. There is a four-month minimum membership commitment. Memberships become month to month after the initial four-month commitment.
2. Membership dues may be paid by credit card or debit card via Paypal Recurring Payments.
3. The billing cycle starts at the beginning of the month. If you want to join mid-month we can send you a prorated invoice to be paid by credit card…it just works better this way for organization.
4. Any hours that are included in the membership plans that are not used by the end of the monthly membership term do not roll over to the next month.
4.1 Your booking should include the time spent setting up, breaking down, and cleaning up. Please include this time in setup (lights, hair, makeup, etc.), breakdown (packing up, etc.), and cleanup (food in trash cans, props returned, etc.) as part of your shoot. If you, or anyone else involved in your shoot, is occupying studio or dressing room space, you will be charged for it.
4.2 If the studio is available, you may enter the studio before your scheduled shoot time. You will be charged for that time in addition to your initially booked time, even if you end early.
4.3 We will make every effort to accommodate shoots that run over booked time. If no one has booked the studio after you, you may extend your time in the studio. You will be charged at the studio rental rate associated with your current membership package or non-member booking half-day or full-day. You are not guaranteed overtime, so you should make every effort to finish your shoot during your booked time.
4.4 Studio time is prorated in 30-minute intervals, rounded up. Minimum time you can book as a member is a 1-hour session.
4.5 If you, as a member, book time for a nonmember to shoot at the studio, you must be there for the entire duration of that shoot. If you aren’t there for the entire duration of the shoot, the photographer will be charged for the studio at applicable non-member rates.
4.6 If you run over your booked time in to someone else's booking and they are delayed outside the studio you will be charged a $500 penalty. We cannot have photographers, their clients and models stranded outside. You may also be barred from using the studio again.
5. Delinquent accounts:
5.1. If at anytime a member’s account is delinquent 1 month or more, StudiowerksDC reserve the right to terminate the membership and initiate collections proceeding for the entire amount of the contract and/or any amounts due.
5.2 Nonuse of the facility does NOT constitute a membership cancellation or relieve the member of the responsibility for paying accumulating dues.
6. Termination of Membership:
6.1. Once membership at StudiowerksDC is established, a member’s responsibility for dues shall be continued until such time that StudiowerksDC receives an email and payment of any outstanding balance. Until we receive notice of membership cancellation, members remain responsible for all dues.
6.2. If memberships are not paid and there has been no cancellation notice, members will not be able to book time until prior dues are paid.
7. StudiowerksDC reserves the right to suspend or revoke memberships for any reason with no refund, including:
7.2 Causing a nuisance to other members
7.3 Mistreatment of StudiowerksDC staff
7.4 Illegal activity including any type of pornography as per DC law (tasteful nudity is allowed)
7.5 Drug/Alcohol abuse
7.6 Destruction/vandalism of StudiowerksDC equipment or facilities
7.7 Violation of any term of this contract
8. We reserve the right to change the rental rates at any time.
9. StudiowerksDC will respond to bookings within 24 hours of submission.
10. Bookings are handled first come, first served.
11. A nonrefundable deposit of $100 is required for all bookings by nonmembers. The deposit is applied to the balance of the shoot.
12. Payment in full is required on the day before the shoot. Any other fees such going over the booked hours, fees for running into some one else’s shoots or damage will be charged after the shoot. If full payment is not received before the shoot time and date, the shoot will not be able to proceed and the deposit will be forfeited. That would be really sad, so please be nice!
12.1 Bookings may be paid with debit/credit cards via PayPal. StudiowerksDC does not accept checks.
Cancellations for Members
13. StudiowerksDC requires at least 24 hours notice prior to the start time of your booking to cancel your reservation midweek. If you wish to cancel your booking, send an email to bookings@ StudiowerksDC.com letting us know you would like to cancel your booking. Less than 24 hours means you lose the hours you booked. On weekends you must cancel on the Tuesday before, if you cancel after this you will lose half your booked hours, cancel on the Friday or after and you lose all booked hours. Weekends are precious and everyone wants time in the studio, so we're a little strict on this one!
Cancellations for Non-Members
14. If you cancel you booking the $100 deposit is not refundable. Cancel 3 or 4 days before you will be charged half the shoot amount. Cancel two (2) days before and you will be charged the full shoot amount.
14.1 You cannot change the start time of your shoot within 4 days of the shoot. You can extend the shoot at any time if there is the space.
15. If you wish to change or extend the time of your booking, send an email to bookings@ StudiowerksDC.com with your request. Extending your booking does not constitute a cancellation. We will be happy to change your booking if it can be supported by the studio calendar. The $100 deposit is transferable as long as the change is 4 says before the booking. You cannot change the start time or duration of your booking within 4 days of the shoot, you can extend it at anytime if there is no one booked behind you.
16. A bad weather day will be declared if the DC/Federal Governments call it a snow day/bad weather day and tell their minions not to come to work for that day. If we are unable to open the studio due to weather; For non-members we will credit your deposit back to your account or apply it to a rescheduled booking, for members you can cancel your hours with no penalty.
17. If you are recording audio during a video shoot, please be aware that we cannot control the amount of ambient noise in the studio.
18. Studio Rules
18.1 First time renters will be required to receive a short orientation to the studio and on the equipment and sign a waiver of liability.
18.2 You will be responsible for the cost of replacing or repairing any equipment broken or damaged by you or anyone involved with or attending your shoot.
18.3 StudiowerksDC are in no way responsible for loss or damage to member owned equipment, including cameras, lenses, strobes and diffusers, light stands, props, clothing, etc
18.4 Items left at the studio and not claimed within four weeks become property of StudiowerksDC and will be donated to a charity.
18.5 Renters may be charged an additional cleanup fee if the studio is left overly messy. This is at the staff’s discretion.
18.6 You must leave the studio in a clean and neat condition. The four heads should have a modifier on them when you leave the studio. This means that each member will know what state the studio is in every time so they know what their setup time will need to be.